We had the opportunity to work on an important activity: the design of a complete line of machines for the processing of a radioactive product that will be used in hospitals. This is a complex market which requires in-depth understanding of the materials used and all the elements that contribute to the design of a safe product for operators and people. In fact, the design includes a series of specific activities:
- the construction of controlled pressure and tightness chambers;
- the knowledge of materials in compliance with the treated chemistry;
- understanding of radionuclides (nuclei that decay by releasing radioactive energy);
- the ways in which radioactive energy is screened;
- the development of specific skill in automation (the operator never comes into direct contact).
It is a job that also offers the opportunity to come into contact with customers and suppliers of international importance.